Are you developing the best video game of all times but fear the legal challenges that lie ahead? You don’t have to anymore! GDS is organizing a workshop with a video game lawyer who will be happy answer all your questions, whether you are a small indie studio working on your first game or an experienced team developing a AAA title.
GDS 2022 is bringing you the opportunity to ask a video game attorney about any legal issues that you are currently dealing with or about which you would simply like to know more. The workshop will cover the following issues:
- setting up a game dev company
- working as a game developer
- video games & intellectual property
- negotiating deals with publishers
- financing game development
- other issues of your interest
WHEN, WHERE, FOR WHOM?
- September 24, 2022 (Saturday) between 12:00 and 12:55 pm
- The workshop will be held physically in Lecture Hall
- The workshop is open for all GDS attendees and is completely free.
The workshop will be led by Jaroslav Menčík, who is an experienced attorney-at-law & partner at a Prague based law firm MAVERICKS. Besides lecturing at universities and gaming conferences, Jaroslav proudly advises aspiring game studios on all kinds of exciting legal stuff. For example, Jaroslav recently worked on EUR 4 million acquisition of a VR gaming startup, EUR 1 million publishing deal for indie studio, USD 0.5 million investment into a blockchain gaming platform, court dispute with an e-sports player as well as numerous license agreements, NDAs, EULAs & much more.