Location: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
We are looking for a talented technical writer to help create and build out a modern documentation infrastructure.
What You Will Do:
- Create resources that don’t just document what the product does but accelerate a user from novice to power user. The Technical Writer will consult with engineering and technical staff to prepare technical and end user documentation for our internal proprietary technology.
- Become a subject matter expert of our proprietary technology across a wide variety of disciplines (Engineering, QA, Design, Art) to plan, research, write, and revise documentation. This includes general overviews, tutorials, installation/configuration instructions, training class materials, tooltips, etc.
- Learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by non-technical users.
- Write software documentation from technical specifications, discussions with developers, and hands-on experimentation.
- Build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation such as videos, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques.
- Publish and maintain templates for written documentation produced by others ensuring a consistent 'look and feel'.
- Verify both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency.
- Help content creators responsible for documentation.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Our candidate should be motivated and passionate and thrive in a rapidly evolving technology environment. They should have strong writing skills and the ability to synthesize technical content that clearly explains the topic/task to end users, making complex ideas understandable.
- 3+ years of technical writing or alike experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums. English language proficiency is essential.
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process.
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello…)
- Experience with any game editor software like Unreal Engine, Unity, any proprietary engines, etc.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, including willingness and ability to consult with subject matter experts from all gaming disciplines.
- Experience in presenting technical information in a live setting, such as classroom training, presentations, or video conference.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Confluence/Jira.
- Knowledge of LUA coding language.
- Knowledge of game development, tools, and workflows.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that 'Every Player’s Story is Unique.'
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
- Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
- Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
In case you would like to be included in the job board as well, please contact us about the possible partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org.