Together with Game Days Košice we are organizing special workshop about Creative Europe funding. Creative Europe offers non-repayable grants of up to €150,000 to experienced developers looking to create their own IP. The grants allow them to experiment with gameplay and mechanics as well as with story and character design, and to develop playable prototypes for narrative games.
The workshop consits of two parts and we are inviting developers to participate in this workshop ahead of the deadline for next Creative Europe’s Video Games call to work with experienced video game developers from Europe that recently applied and received support via this program.
In the first part selected speakers will have talks to guide potential applicants through the submission process and give them insight from four international developers who have previously received funding for their projects:
- Frostpunk: Content-related issues you may encounter when creating an application for the Creative Europe Media program (Pawel Miechowski / 11 Bit Studios)
- Someday You’ll Return: A case study of the successful Creative Europe Media application (Jan Kavan, CBS Software)
- Trip the Ark Fantastic: Creative Europe’s Media first Croatian success – finance and budgeting tips (Aleksandar Gavrilovic, Gamechuck)
The event will be followed by individual consultations provided by speakers. Consultations are limited to 15 participants and require sending materials in advance. You can submit your work in progress applications (text only in bullet points) to get feedback on your application contents.
WHEN, WHERE, FOR WHOM?
26. 11. 2020 (Thursday - day before the GDS Conference)
Online through Zoom platform
- The wokrshop is opened for everybody and is completely free!
- We strongly recommend this workshop for people that plan a project to apply with or already have such project.
DEADLINE for Registrations: 20. 11. 2020
Aleksandar Gavrilović is the co-owner of Gamechuck, a small Croatian studio focused on developing indie games. He has previously worked on various award-winning and critically acclaimed games such as “Viktor, a Steampunk Adventure” and “All You Can Eat”, both as a programmer and as a writer. He is currently the producer for Trip the Ark Fantastic, the first Croatian game that received the Creative Europe MEDIA grant.
Pawel Miechowski – partnerships manager at 11 bit studios, creators of This War of Mine, Frostpunk, publishers of Moonlighter, Children of Morta, and more. Pawel has been working in the game industry for over 20 years, for Metropolis Software, CD Projekt, and 11 bit studios. Big fan of video games, sci-fi books, football, and positive vibrations.
Jan Kavan – Developer, musician and writer in CBS Software studio. Having their debut title “Ghost in the Sheet” published worldwide in 9 languages, CBE software created games J.U.L.I.A. (Win), J.U.L.I.A. Untold. (iOS, Win), Vampires! (PC, Mac OSX, iOS and Android), J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars for (PC, Mac OSX and Linux) and Someday You’ll Return.