Location: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
We develop top AAA games for PC and consoles (XONE, PS4) distributed world-wide. We are one of the top game-developing companies. Our portfolio consists of titles such as Hidden & Dangerous, Vietcong, Top Spin 4, and Mafia. Also known as Hangar 13, we’re currently expanding our own proprietary engine and developing new tools in service of our next unannounced title.
We are looking for an experienced Character Technical Director (Character Technical Artist) to join our Character Art team. S/he is responsible for maintaining, creating and updating various types of scripts and libraries for character artists, often based on their requests, streamlining whole character creation pipeline, including exporter, and scripting tools for Maya in Python. The rigging skill is nice to have. The Character TD works closely with character artists and animators to create the best possible impression in the final game.
- Develop tools, scripts, and pipelines to extend and streamline a character creation process.
- Support character development pipeline. Should be confident in skinning and comfortable to work with blend shape library development, rigging, and exporting to the game engine.
- Collaborate with character artists, animators, and engineers to help deliver the highest quality characters possible within the constraints of an open-world, real-time development environment.
- Keep high level order in script base, define internal scripting standards, perform code review of scripts from technical artists, and maintain script libraries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Maya and Python.
- Strong creative and technical problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively.
NICE TO HAVE
- CG rigging experience in a Maya production environment, with advanced knowledge of Maya’s rigging techniques, including the ability to create customized rigs
- Strong background in traditional art
- Interest in developing video games
- A released project and experience in game industry
- Friendly and informal work environment
- Attractive work on globally famous AAA games in a successful company for one of the biggest publishers
- Access to the most up-to-date SW/HW and technologies
- Flexible working hours
- Support for personal skills development
- Games and consoles to borrow
- Employee benefits (sick days, meal vouchers, refreshment at work, multisport card)
- Company events for the employees
Do you want to become one of us?
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a link to an online portfolio or website with your current work to email@example.com
In case you would like to be included in the job board as well, please contact us about the possible partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org.