Bohemia Interactive Simulations
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
We are a growing team based in Prague (Czech Republic), developing world leading game-based military simulations for major NATO powers and their allies. We are constantly looking for ways to advance the whole industry, using the latest technologies and trends (such as whole world simulation, virtual reality and motion tracking).
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our team! As a member of the design team, you will work with technical game designers, artists, programmers, QA, and other developers to implement compelling and accessible UI for our products.
Importantly, as a member of a small, global UX team you will be responsible for owning the UX on multiple projects and being an advocate for UX across our global organization. While we have a UX process in place, it is growing and evolving and we are looking for someone that can bring industry best practices with them to contribute to our growing UX need. You will be supported in this effort by colleagues with a strong understanding of our company, our products, and our current development methodologies.
Our unique environment is better than developing AAA games or boring business software:
- We give you freedom and responsibility to do things well, support you, train you, and teach you.
- We have a relaxed environment where we aim not to limit our staff with too many regulations. We trust you.
- We offer a wide variety of work and a crunch / overtime free environment due to our management standards and business model.
- You will join a growing company with a lot of exciting opportunities and new challenges.
- Our business has a worthy cause, the work we do has an actual impact on making the world a safer place.
Do you have what it takes?
- 3+ years of experience as a UI or UX designer for software, games, web, or mobile apps
- Skill in graphic / visual design
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, making tough decisions about when a design is "good enough"
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and specifications to a broad range of team members from different disciplines
- High level of initiative, self-direction, and self-teaching
- Familiarity with UX tools such as Invision, Axure, Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Suite, etc
- Ability to do rapid prototypes and interactive prototypes
Extra credit if you have experience in any of the following:
- Video game development (especially first person shooters)
- User research
- Military knowledge or interest
- Style guide creation, maintenance, or usage
- Full health coverage
- Meal & health benefit program
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- 10 paid national holidays
- 3 paid sick days
- Choose your own start and end times around our core hours
- No dress code
- Opportunities for paid training and conferences
- Coaching & mentorship from industry veterans
- Visa & relocation assistance
- Czech language not required
- All company business conducted in English
- Prague has many foreigners; it is easy to live here if you speak English
- Many fellow employees from around the world will help you adapt
As a UX designer, you will own the UX process on multiple projects. On each project, you will work with the product owner, dev team, and stakeholders to refine requirements, use cases and wireframes. We have an existing ecosystem of products, features and a style guide which you must be able to work within and improve. You will need flexibility and creativity, as projects can range from a simple set of infantry features to a complex armored fighting vehicle simulator. No two projects will be the same, always bringing a new challenge!
Do you want to become one of us?
You can apply via https://bisimulations.com/company/careers
In case you would like to be included in the job board as well, please contact us about the possible partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org.