Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Do you want to build products for 30 million kids of all ages?
Poki is an online playground with millions of users around the world. We bring fun games to kids of all ages, while helping game developers achieve success on web and mobile. Our roots are on the web, but we're expanding to bring fun to our users on all platforms. We're looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join our Amsterdam office. Are you interested in an ambitious new digital product that will bring casual games and video to our global multi-million audience? Then read on!
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
- I’m self-motivated and highly responsible – I thrive on freedom
- I enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment
- I'm always open to new ideas, perspectives and solutions
- I’m eager to learn, and love to share
- I'd love to work with a fun, informal and diverse bunch of people
- Then we are looking for you!
As a Full-Stack Web Developer, you will be joining our experienced development team, and build features and products that bring fun games to tens of millions of users. You'll collaborate with our back-end and front-end developers, and work on various aspects of our code and infrastructure. You'll build microservices in Go and continuously deploy to our high-performance microservice infrastructure on AWS, but you'll also hack away on our React/Redux front-end. You own your microservices, so we're willing let you experiment with other languages from time to time as well.
- Create microservices in Go and Node.js. Experiment with other technologies as you see fit
- Contribute to the new back and front-end of the Poki Platform, allowing it to grow from 30 million to 100 million monthly active users and beyond
- Unify our code base and separate front and backend with low-latency web API’s
- Build and continuously deploy features for tens of millions of users around the world
- Create SDKs and APIs that will be integrated by hundreds of game developers around the world
- Build dashboards for game developers and translate large sets data to actionable insights
- Deployed on Google Cloud
- Go on the back-end
- React and Redux on the front-end, Node.js for server-side rendering
- Cloud Builder for CI, unit tests and deployment
- Docker for containers
- Kubernetes for cluster orchestration
- Have 5+ years of professional programming experience, and a lot longer than that as a hobby
- Have a deep understanding of modern-day web technologies
- Feel comfortable working on the command line
- Have hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure technologies, including continuous integration tools such as Gitlab, systems monitoring and alerting with tools such as AWS Cloudwatch and Elasticsearch
- Have a solid understanding of design patterns and MVC frameworks
- Have a “more effort now to save effort later” mentality
- Have a passion for outstanding results, not just clean code
- Have a master’s degree or equivalent level of critical thinking
- Have excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Are based in The Netherlands, preferably around Amsterdam
- Experience with Go and Node.js would be cool, but we believe any good programmer can easily pick up a new language. Your skills, smarts and vision are way more important
- Open-source project contributions
- A competitive salary
- State of the art equipment
- Work in a fun, friendly and informal environment
- A workplace that respects developer productivity
- A diverse, talented and self-motivated team
- The opportunity to contribute to our strategy with your technical expertise
- A chance to build your career with our fast-growing company
- A flat organization with lots of personal responsibility and freedom
Sounds good? Then press below to start! 🎮
Please provide a link to a project that you're proud of and/or your GitHub profile.
In case you would like to be included in the job board as well, please contact us about the possible partnership at email@example.com.